What are parent points?
"Parent Points" is a point's based system awarded to parents/guardians of a PSHS student for hour's volunteered and/or monetary contributions toward the class of choice for preferred seating during the class' Graduation Ceremony.
Points are accumulated each school year based upon the amount of hours a parent/guardian volunteers or based upon monetary contributions. These points are accumulated over the student's tenure at PSHS and are redeemable during the student's Graduation Ceremony.
What do I get with these Parent Points?
Preferred Seating Based upon the Parent Point System:
Minimum of 50 points entitles a student's party to sit in the VIP section. Prior to each Graduation Ceremony, a report will be generated listing each parent that has accumulated "Parent Points" from the highest point total to the lowest.
The parent/student with the highest point total will be seated closest to the front rows of the VIP section with the lowest to the rear of the VIP section.
What are the eligible events / activities for Parent Points?
1 Hour = 1 point
- Working on your class Homecoming Float Construction
- Attending your class Parent Meetings
- Assisting during your class Homecoming Parade (during parade)
- Fundraisers either helping organize or attending fundraisers for ASB events, such as car wash or restaurant fundraisers
- Chaperoning Dances (all ASB or class sponsored dances)
- Working Senior Class Events
- Senior Pool Party
- Senior Brunch
- Grad Nite Check-in (check-in only, no chaperone)
4 hours = 1 point
- Volunteering at school for special school events
- When the library needs help
- Hall of Fame Banquet
- or other special events
$10.00 = 1 point
- Supplies or Donated services ( DJ, Photo Booth) contributed for an approved class event